Saturday, October 10, 2009

How can I find books for my child?

Many of you have come to me seeking advice on how to find books that your children can read. I have a link to a website, along with directions on how to complete a search. This will bring up a list of books that are instructionally appropriate for your child. I hope this will be of some help.

In addition, I have added two educational websites that are great resources. You can find these on the right side of the page under Educational Websites. Dove Whisper is especially great, as it has countless games that go right along with our curriculum.

Scholastic Book Search

Click on the link above. Once you are at the page, you will need to scroll down to select a reading level. A drop down menu will pop up when you click the boxes that say “any.” Look at top right corner of your child’s guided reading book. There you will see a letter. This is the letter that you will want to select in the drop down menu. Be sure to select the same letter in each box. This will ensure that the listof books are instructionally appropriate for your child. Click the red search button and a list of books will come up. You can take this with you when shopping for books in stores or the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment